Cofradía de Jesús Resucitado

Foundation year: 1943
Anderos: 137. Nazarenos: 178.
Children: 189. Collaborators: 188.


The Procession of the Risen Christ has its roots in the 17th century, and it and its ceremonial are developed around the Image of Our Lady of Solitude, which accompanied either the Monstrance, or an Image of the Risen Jesus whose existence has been verified. Already in the 19th century, when said Image was worshiped in the parish church of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción in one of the niches of the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament.

Information about his affiliation has come to us through the Accounts Book of the Brotherhood of Jesus, to which the Paso de Jesús Resucitado, popularly known forever as "El Niño Resucitado", must have been attached; This is how this curious note from 1901 that is repeated in 1920 emerges: “invoice for a screw for the Risen Child”.

From the preserved graphic documents from the beginning of the 20th century, it is known that this primitive Image of the Risen Jesus, whose authorship cannot be guessed, was much smaller than the current one and of lesser artistic quality. It was restored by Sánchez Araciel in 1911 and disappeared during the Civil War.

The Paso de Jesús Resucitado is, since its appearance in Cieza, the central axis in the traditional Courtesy that is celebrated on Easter Sunday in the Corner of the Convent within the framework of the Procession of the same name. Since the end of the 19th century, when it took place in the Plaza del Comisario, the Paso de Jesús Resucitado, accompanied by that of Santa María Magdalena, left from the Church of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción along Calle del Cid towards said Commissioner, where with the Pasos de San Juan and the Santísima Virgen del Amor Hermoso that had come out through Calle Cartas, thus producing the traditional meeting between all of them and the three consecutive salutation bows.

After the civil strife, the bakers' guild constituted the Risen Jesus Brotherhood in 1943, for which they commissioned, under the presidency of Mr. José Molina Gómez, a new titular Paso to the sculptor Manuel Juan Carrillo Marco from Ciez. El Paso, made up of the Images of Jesus, coming out of the tomb on a cloud, and of an Angel, with the slab of the tomb in his hands, mounted on a throne carved in wood and gold, paraded for the first time that same year, 1943. A year later Carrillo himself added, inspired by his own portrait, the Image of a fallen Roman soldier on his back. The new sculptural group was installed in a niche of the Santísimo Cristo del Consuelo Hermitage, from where every afternoon on Holy Saturday, and until the eighties of the last 20th century, its traditional Transfer was made, a Transfer that has subsequently been Redone two more times.

At the end of that same decade, the Brotherhood of the Santísimo Cristo del Consuelo took over the procession of the Paso, whose anderos changed, under the presidency of D. José Salor, the traditional white tunics with blue trims, for the red ones typical of that Brotherhood, and they incorporated into their wardrobe in 2006 the traditional mucus cap. In 2004 the Brotherhood, under the presidency of D. Juan Ramos Montiel, has completed the process of restoration of the throne, which has been carried out in Cieza in the artisan workshops of Bonifacio Pérez Ballesteros.

Finally, the Brotherhood also has a Children's Paso, an Image of the Risen Jesus carved in wood and polychrome in 2009 by the young sculptor Antonio Jesús Yuste Navarro from Ciez.


Cofradía de Jesús Resucitado
Jesús Resucitado
Cofradía de Jesús Resucitado
Jesús Resucitado (Paso infantil)