Convento de las Monjas Clarisas


The Convent of Santa Clara (Monastery of the Immaculate Conception) was founded in 1743 by the brothers Don Lorenzo and Don Matías Marín-Blázquez and the Poor Clare nuns who came from the Monastery of La Encarnación from the nearby town of Mula.

The atrium that gives entrance to the church is accessed through a semicircular arch in the center of which the stone-carved weapons of its founders stand out. Inside the cloistered Convent, paintings, sculptures and belongings by different artists are preserved, highlighting the "Niño de la bola", the work of Salzillo. The monastery church has a single nave and its interior space is contrasted with chapels between pilasters of composite origin; it houses the Images of the Blessed Virgin of Sorrows, and of Our Lady of Grace and Hope.