Ermita San Bartolomé


Located next to the Balcony of the Wall and consecrated to the Patron Saint of Cieza, San Bartolomé, the hermitage sits on one of the towers, possibly the homage tower, of the old fortress of the city built between 1477 and 1495, and its construction began in 1714 by agreement of the Town Council. On the upper floor is the Conjuratory Room, from where in the past the fields were blessed.

The building, with a single nave, square floor plan and a simple dome, is made of brick covered with mortar and yellow stucco. The sacristy corresponds to one of the three towers of what was the fortress, conserving itself as it was conceived.